- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
Rapid cooling is sometimes required during industrial production processes. Liquid nitrogen (LIN) and carbon dioxide (CO2) are popular cooling agents due to the low boiling point of LIN (-196°C) and the low sublimation point of CO2 (-78,5°C). This enables large-scale heat transfer in a short time period.
Advantages of rapid cooling agents:
Unlimited cooling capacity
Flexibility to reach temperatures as low as -196°C
Excellent peak-shaving qualities.
LIN and CO2 are natural products that have zero environmental impact during application. The fact that both gases are inert eliminates the risk of fire or explosion.
Applications to benefit from LIN include concrete mixing, asphalt paving, rubber hose production, glass bottle production, plastic film blowing and fluid cooling.
For many cooling purposes especially in the transport area, dry ice (i.e. solid carbon dioxide) could be the best solution as this kind of cooling agent is quite easy to handle.