- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
Oxidation is a chemical reaction where atmospheric oxygen in the air surrounding food and drinks attacks the product. The attack can take place at or below ambient temperatures (I.e. during normal storage of beverages, oils, fruit & vegetables or finished food products). It can also occur at elevated temperatures, such as during processing or deep-fat frying.
How We Help
We deliver food-grade nitrogen and other inert gases to avoid or minimize the effects of oxidation. Nitrogen is used, for example, to keep oxygen levels in and around the product low. An inert atmosphere stabilizes the product and increases shelf life.
Sparging is one of the 3 main inerting applications to improve product quality and longevity
Through sparing a gas such as nitrogen, carbon dioxide or argon is added to or bubbled through a food or beverage to displace atmospheric gases and replace them with an inert atmosphere. This preserves food quality by eliminating undesirable substances, thus inhibiting and reducing undesirable chemical reactions with oxygen.